FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Forum index » Electronix » design
Save the Lebanese Civilians
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 21 [301 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page:  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 19, 20, 21 Next
Author Message
Blade
electronics forum beginner


Joined: 20 Jan 2006
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Lebanese Civilians Reply with quote

I'm sorry. Next time you should buy a couple of nuclear warheads and
you'll see that no one will bother you.
Back to top
Eeyore
electronics forum Guru


Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Posts: 642

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Lebanese Civilians Reply with quote

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Quote:
Eeyore wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Eeyore wrote:


Now, let's see.........

If the British Government had behaved like the Israelis then we should have
wiped the Irish Republic off the map because they let the IRA launch attacks
from there on the UK

Strangely I suspect that wouldn't be as popular with the USA.

Get a grip Jim.

Graham

When did the IRA fire missiles at England?

I don't think they had missiles per se but they certainly had mortar bombs. I fail
to see why that makes any difference. Their larger bombs were pretty devastating
at times too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/april/24/newsid_2523000/2523345.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1201270.stm

You're confusing them with the Germans,

No I'm not.

who, by the way, England bombed the hell out of their
military and civilians.

That was a declared war. Quite different. You'll note that they bombed the hell
out of us first too btw.

" In September of 1940 the German air force, the Luftwaffe, received orders to
wipe out British cities...........

The night of December 29th saw a giant raid that became known as The Second Great
Fire of London. During that night some 24,000 incendiary bombs destroyed large
parts of London "
http://www.virtual-london.co.uk/information/featured-articles/the-blitz.html

Graham

Yawn. Its all a matter of degree. YOU brought up the Irish, not me.

And YOU brought up the Germans !

Graham
Back to top
Eeyore
electronics forum Guru


Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Posts: 642

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Lebanese Civilians Reply with quote

martin griffith wrote:

Quote:
On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 18:39:24 +0100, in sci.electronics.design Eeyore
rabbitsfriendsandrelations@REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com> wrote:



"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Eeyore wrote:


Now, let's see.........

If the British Government had behaved like the Israelis then we should have
wiped the Irish Republic off the map because they let the IRA launch attacks
from there on the UK

Strangely I suspect that wouldn't be as popular with the USA.

Get a grip Jim.

Graham

When did the IRA fire missiles at England?

I don't think they had missiles per se but they certainly had mortar bombs. I fail
to see why that makes any difference. Their larger bombs were pretty devastating
at times too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/april/24/newsid_2523000/2523345.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1201270.stm


You're confusing them with the Germans,

No I'm not.

who, by the way, England bombed the hell out of their
military and civilians.

That was a declared war. Quite different. You'll note that they bombed the hell
out of us first too btw.

" In September of 1940 the German air force, the Luftwaffe, received orders to
wipe out British cities...........

The night of December 29th saw a giant raid that became known as The Second Great
Fire of London. During that night some 24,000 incendiary bombs destroyed large
parts of London "
http://www.virtual-london.co.uk/information/featured-articles/the-blitz.html

Graham
and
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/june/15/newsid_2527000/2527009.stm

The Israeli attack on Lebanon is just as cowardly asthe IRA attacks on
the UK

martin

Thank you Martin.

Given that's it's being carried out by a modern nation state that should know better than
to behave like terrorists themselves it's totally unexcusable.

Maybe they can't ever let go of their Irgun roots ?

Graham
Back to top
Eeyore
electronics forum Guru


Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Posts: 642

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Lebanese Civilians Reply with quote

Jim Thompson wrote:

Quote:
On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 19:58:54 +0200, martin griffith
mart_in_medina@yahoo.esXXX> wrote:

[snip]

The Israeli attack on Lebanon is just as cowardly as the IRA attacks on
the UK


martin

Eh? Who attacked who, first ??

...Jim Thompson

Technically the Israelis, about 55+ yrs ago actually.

Have you forgottem that Israel was the result of Zionist terrorist action ?

Graham
Back to top
Eeyore
electronics forum Guru


Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Posts: 642

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Lebanese Civilians Reply with quote

John Larkin wrote:

Quote:
On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 18:41:05 +0100, Eeyore
rabbitsfriendsandrelations@REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com> wrote:

How many members of Hezbollah are in the Lebanese Parliament?
Cabinet?

How many members of Sinn Fein are in the Irish Cabinet ?

I didn't make the asinine statement, Graham.

Sinn Fein is the political wing of the IRA.

Graham

Sure, but they're not launching rockets into Belfast.

John

They've launched mortars. The difference is quite academic as far as I'm
concerned.

Graham
Back to top
Eeyore
electronics forum Guru


Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Posts: 642

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Lebanese Civilians Reply with quote

martin griffith wrote:

Quote:
On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:15:30 -0700, in sci.electronics.design Jim
Thompson <To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon@My-Web-Site.com> wrote:

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 19:58:54 +0200, martin griffith
mart_in_medina@yahoo.esXXX> wrote:

[snip]

The Israeli attack on Lebanon is just as cowardly as the IRA attacks on
the UK


martin

Eh? Who attacked who, first ??

...Jim Thompson

No can ever seem to remember, It was always the other side who started
it.

Probably it started with some bad decision making in 1948

martin

If the Zionists had the patience to let the UN form Israel under a mandate there
would never have been any question about the legitimatacy of that country. It
was on the cards anyway and Britain had long been in favour but of course we
Brits wanted to ensure the rights of Arabs too and I dare say that may not have
appealed so much.

And so began the Palestinian issue.

Graham
Back to top
Eeyore
electronics forum Guru


Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Posts: 642

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Lebanese Civilians Reply with quote

Blade wrote:

Quote:
I'm sorry. Next time you should buy a couple of nuclear warheads and
you'll see that no one will bother you.

Good thing we had them before the Ruskies then !

Also see why that exaplains Iran's interest in them if supposedly 'civilised'
nations can't behave themselves decently.

Graham
Back to top
Paul Hovnanian P.E.
electronics forum Guru


Joined: 29 Apr 2005
Posts: 583

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Lebanese Civilians Reply with quote

Jim Thompson wrote:
Quote:

[snip]


Quote:
What "war crime" is that?

Genocide.

Quote:
Seems you are anti-Semitic and an A-rab sympathizer Wink

If Israelis can't exist in a multicultural world, maybe there is
something terribly wrong with their society. Nowhere else in this world
do we support a countries policy of wiping out or driving out people of
differing races or religions. Except for Israel.

Quote:
My rule is simple... if you aren't a member of my family, you're
disposable Wink

Maybe its not just the Israelis.

--
Paul Hovnanian mailto:Paul@Hovnanian.com
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yee-Ha!" is not an adequate foreign policy.
Back to top
Paul Hovnanian P.E.
electronics forum Guru


Joined: 29 Apr 2005
Posts: 583

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Lebanese Civilians Reply with quote

Meanwhile, what's Israel up to in Gaza? Press coverage pretty much
dropped to zero there.

--
Paul Hovnanian mailto:Paul@Hovnanian.com
------------------------------------------------------------------
If everything is coming your way then you're in the wrong lane.
Back to top
keith
electronics forum Guru


Joined: 30 Apr 2005
Posts: 2060

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Lebanese Civilians Reply with quote

In article <44BBE2D4.56AEC059@hovnanian.com>, paul@hovnanian.com
says...
Quote:
Jim Thompson wrote:

[snip]

What "war crime" is that?

Genocide.

My, you have a strange idea of "genocide". ISTM that it's Iran's
President that's talking about the extermination of Israel and all
Jews.

Quote:
Seems you are anti-Semitic and an A-rab sympathizer ;-)

If Israelis can't exist in a multicultural world, maybe there is
something terribly wrong with their society. Nowhere else in this world
do we support a countries policy of wiping out or driving out people of
differing races or religions. Except for Israel.

Gee, Israelis get along pretty well with Christians. I wonder what
it is about the Arabs they hate so much. Perhaps it's because the
Arabs want to *KILL* them? BTW, how many jews are in Iran's
government?

Quote:
My rule is simple... if you aren't a member of my family, you're
disposable ;-)

Maybe its not just the Israelis.

Nope, and a good thing too.

--
Keith
Back to top
Jim Thompson
electronics forum Guru


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 5440

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Lebanese Civilians Reply with quote

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 20:06:19 +0100, Eeyore
<rabbitsfriendsandrelations@REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com> wrote:

Quote:


martin griffith wrote:

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:15:30 -0700, in sci.electronics.design Jim
Thompson <To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon@My-Web-Site.com> wrote:

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 19:58:54 +0200, martin griffith
mart_in_medina@yahoo.esXXX> wrote:

[snip]

The Israeli attack on Lebanon is just as cowardly as the IRA attacks on
the UK


martin

Eh? Who attacked who, first ??

...Jim Thompson

No can ever seem to remember, It was always the other side who started
it.

Probably it started with some bad decision making in 1948

martin

If the Zionists had the patience to let the UN form Israel under a mandate there
would never have been any question about the legitimatacy of that country. It
was on the cards anyway and Britain had long been in favour but of course we
Brits wanted to ensure the rights of Arabs too and I dare say that may not have
appealed so much.

And so began the Palestinian issue.

Graham


Eh? The UN DID form Israel. Whatsa matter, didn't fit your
anti-Semitic desires ?:-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice:(480)460-2350 | |
| E-mail Address at Website Fax:(480)460-2142 | Brass Rat |
| http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 |

I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Back to top
Eeyore
electronics forum Guru


Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Posts: 642

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Lebanese Civilians Reply with quote

Jim Thompson wrote:

Quote:
On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 20:06:19 +0100, Eeyore
rabbitsfriendsandrelations@REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com> wrote:



martin griffith wrote:

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:15:30 -0700, in sci.electronics.design Jim
Thompson <To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon@My-Web-Site.com> wrote:

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 19:58:54 +0200, martin griffith
mart_in_medina@yahoo.esXXX> wrote:

[snip]

The Israeli attack on Lebanon is just as cowardly as the IRA attacks on
the UK


martin

Eh? Who attacked who, first ??

...Jim Thompson

No can ever seem to remember, It was always the other side who started
it.

Probably it started with some bad decision making in 1948

martin

If the Zionists had the patience to let the UN form Israel under a mandate there
would never have been any question about the legitimatacy of that country. It
was on the cards anyway and Britain had long been in favour but of course we
Brits wanted to ensure the rights of Arabs too and I dare say that may not have
appealed so much.

And so began the Palestinian issue.

Graham


Eh? The UN DID form Israel.

Eh ?

The State of Israel was *proclaimed* by Ben Gerion. The UN plans included an Arab
State too and an internationally administered Jerusalem. Clearly *not* what Israel
is.

" Large numbers of the Arab population fled or were driven out of the newly-created
Jewish State. (Estimates of the final refugee count range from 600,000 to 900,000
with the official United Nations count at 711,000.[6]) The continuing conflict
between Israel and the Arab world resulted in a lasting displacement that persists to
this day. "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel#Establishment_of_the_State

Hence the ongoing problem.


Quote:
Whatsa matter, didn't fit your anti-Semitic desires ?Smile

That's really very small of you to hide behind racist name-calling. I'd expect better
of someone of intelligence.

Maybe it's time for *YOU* to take some history lessons ?

Graham
Back to top
Eeyore
electronics forum Guru


Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Posts: 642

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Lebanese Civilians Reply with quote

Jim Thompson wrote:

Quote:
On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 17:52:22 +0100, Eeyore
rabbitsfriendsandrelations@REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com> wrote:

Israel's action in Lebanon will simply be more fuel on the flames. Not to mention
they're a war crime. You'd think Israel ought to have some sensitivity about war
crime wouldn't you ?

Graham

What "war crime" is that?

Attacking civilian areas.


Quote:
Seems you are anti-Semitic and an A-rab sympathizer Wink

I'm sympathetic to the damn *Lebanese* who are both Christian and Moslem and have a
strong European line too.


Quote:
My rule is simple... if you aren't a member of my family, you're
disposable Wink

Yeah right.

Graham
Back to top
Eeyore
electronics forum Guru


Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Posts: 642

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Lebanese Civilians Reply with quote

Keith wrote:

Quote:
In article <44BBE2D4.56AEC059@hovnanian.com>, paul@hovnanian.com
says...
Jim Thompson wrote:

[snip]

What "war crime" is that?

Genocide.

My, you have a strange idea of "genocide". ISTM that it's Iran's
President that's talking about the extermination of Israel and all
Jews.

Sorry. I don't get it. Israel's attacking *Lebanon* not Iran !


Quote:
Seems you are anti-Semitic and an A-rab sympathizer ;-)

If Israelis can't exist in a multicultural world, maybe there is
something terribly wrong with their society. Nowhere else in this world
do we support a countries policy of wiping out or driving out people of
differing races or religions. Except for Israel.

Gee, Israelis get along pretty well with Christians.

The Israelis certainly must have been friendly with the Maronite Christians.
They stood guarding by whilst the Maronites slaughtered Palestinian refugess,


Quote:
I wonder what it is about the Arabs they hate so much.

" The camps were externally surrounded by Israeli soldiers throughout the
incident, and the militias had been sent in by Israel to find Palestinian
Liberation Organization (PLO) members. The Kahan Commission, an Israeli inquiry
into the massacre established by the Israeli government, found that while the
Phalangists alone, and no Israelis, were directly responsible for the massacre,
the conduct of the political and military echelon was flawed, and named then
Israeli Defence Minister (and future Prime Minister) Ariel Sharon, among several
prominent Israelis, as bearing "personal responsibility" for the events.[3][4] "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabra-Shatila_massacre

Some witnesses have said that some Istaeli troops were also actively involved in
the massacre.

" On the evening of September 16, 1982, the Phalangist militia, under the
command of Elie Hobeika, entered the camps. For the next 36 to 48 hours, the
Phalangists massacred the inhabitants of the refugee camps, while the Israeli
military guarded the exits and continued to provide flares by night. "

Quote:
Perhaps it's because the Arabs want to *KILL* them?

Who did the first killing then ?


Quote:
BTW, how many jews are in Iran's government?

How many Moslems are in Israel's ?

Graham
Back to top
Jim Thompson
electronics forum Guru


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 5440

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Lebanese Civilians Reply with quote

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 21:33:39 +0100, Eeyore
<rabbitsfriendsandrelations@REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com> wrote:

Quote:


Jim Thompson wrote:

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 20:06:19 +0100, Eeyore
rabbitsfriendsandrelations@REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

If the Zionists had the patience to let the UN form Israel under a mandate there
would never have been any question about the legitimatacy of that country. It
was on the cards anyway and Britain had long been in favour but of course we
Brits wanted to ensure the rights of Arabs too and I dare say that may not have
appealed so much.

And so began the Palestinian issue.

Graham


Eh? The UN DID form Israel.

Eh ?

The State of Israel was *proclaimed* by Ben Gerion.

Learn to spell-------------------------------^^^^^^

Quote:
The UN plans included an Arab
State too and an internationally administered Jerusalem. Clearly *not* what Israel
is.

http://factsofisrael.com/blog/archives/000520.html

Only because the Palestinians talked out of both sides of their
mouths, accepting BUT...

Quote:

" Large numbers of the Arab population fled or were driven out of the newly-created
Jewish State. (Estimates of the final refugee count range from 600,000 to 900,000
with the official United Nations count at 711,000.[6]) The continuing conflict
between Israel and the Arab world resulted in a lasting displacement that persists to
this day. "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel#Establishment_of_the_State

Hence the ongoing problem.

Quoting wikipedia is a bit lame. History written by those who want
the outcome to be different.

Quote:


Whatsa matter, didn't fit your anti-Semitic desires ?:-)

That's really very small of you to hide behind racist name-calling. I'd expect better
of someone of intelligence.

I'm of Scot ancestry. Never much liked the way the Brits treated my
Scot ancestors. Given that you think Hezbollah and Hamas are acting
appropriately, if I ever see you I going to act appropriately Scot and
give you the shovel-upside-the-head treatment ;-)

Quote:

Maybe it's time for *YOU* to take some history lessons ?

Graham

Also please learn to read.

And you're inadequate... hanging out in "redheads" ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice:(480)460-2350 | |
| E-mail Address at Website Fax:(480)460-2142 | Brass Rat |
| http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 |

I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Back to top
Google

Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 21 [301 Posts] Goto page:  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 19, 20, 21 Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
The time now is Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:54 pm | All times are GMT
Forum index » Electronix » design
Jump to:  

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Cadence Spectre Save issue abulnk design 1 Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:49 pm
No new posts Save command in Spectre abulnk design 2 Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:46 pm
No new posts Why paralle battery is more save power? Boki design 7 Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:00 am
No new posts buying IC's in die package to save money acannell@wwc.com design 4 Fri May 12, 2006 4:05 am
No new posts Cheaper GAS! Save $$$$$$ janelpoole@gmail.com design 0 Sat May 06, 2006 3:04 pm

Copyright © 2004-2005 DeniX Solutions SRL
Other DeniX Solutions sites: Unix/Linux blog |  Unix/Linux documentation |  Unix/Linux forums |  Medicine forum |  Science forum  |  Send and track newsletters


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group