FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Forum index » Electronix » design
Which color LED is most brightness?
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
Boki
electronics forum Guru


Joined: 05 May 2005
Posts: 350

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Which color LED is most brightness? Reply with quote

Hi All,

Which color of LED is most brightness ?

In my test, red is brighter than blue.

Best regards,
Boki.
Back to top
David L. Jones
electronics forum Guru Wannabe


Joined: 07 Jun 2005
Posts: 286

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Which color LED is most brightness? Reply with quote

Boki wrote:
Quote:
Hi All,

Which color of LED is most brightness ?

In my test, red is brighter than blue.

Not if you are underwater :->

1 lumen is 1 lumen, regardless of the colour. It all depends on what
sensor you are using (human eye or a sensor), and what medium the light
pases through.

Dave Smile
Back to top
Joerg
electronics forum Guru


Joined: 05 May 2005
Posts: 3533

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Which color LED is most brightness? Reply with quote

Hello Boki,


Quote:
Which color of LED is most brightness ?

In my test, red is brighter than blue.


How did you do that test?

Many people's eyes perceive "super red" as the most bright for a given
current. But that can be different, depending on your age (no, you don't
have to tell us...), degree of color blindness, contaminants such as
water vapor (fog) in the path and so on.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Back to top
Rich Grise
electronics forum Guru


Joined: 24 Mar 2005
Posts: 3971

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Which color LED is most brightness? Reply with quote

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 22:48:49 +0000, Joerg wrote:
Quote:
Hello Boki,

Which color of LED is most brightness ?

In my test, red is brighter than blue.

How did you do that test?

Many people's eyes perceive "super red" as the most bright for a given
current. But that can be different, depending on your age (no, you don't
have to tell us...), degree of color blindness, contaminants such as
water vapor (fog) in the path and so on.

Well, how bright is bright? It might be interesting to set up a little
jig, with a red and a green (and maybe others) LED, where each one has
a pot, with a knob. You tell your victims^H^H^H^H^H^H^Htest subjects to
adjust them until they're "equally bright", then take a photometer of
some kind, and your trusty DVM, and log what the currents and PHM
readings are.

Write that up properly, and you could probably get federal funding. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich
Back to top
Joerg
electronics forum Guru


Joined: 05 May 2005
Posts: 3533

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: Which color LED is most brightness? Reply with quote

Hello Rich,

Quote:

Which color of LED is most brightness ?

In my test, red is brighter than blue.

How did you do that test?

Many people's eyes perceive "super red" as the most bright for a given
current. But that can be different, depending on your age (no, you don't
have to tell us...), degree of color blindness, contaminants such as
water vapor (fog) in the path and so on.

Well, how bright is bright? It might be interesting to set up a little
jig, with a red and a green (and maybe others) LED, where each one has
a pot, with a knob. You tell your victims^H^H^H^H^H^H^Htest subjects to
adjust them until they're "equally bright", then take a photometer of
some kind, and your trusty DVM, and log what the currents and PHM
readings are.


Supposedly that is the method used in Germany to set the chroma balance
when they introduced color TV. At first a dozen candidates or so and
when they found that the spread was rather huge they upped that number
big time IIRC.


Quote:
Write that up properly, and you could probably get federal funding. ;-)


Nah, you'd have to be well connected or know people who are and
preferably be in the agriculture business.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Back to top
Boki
electronics forum Guru


Joined: 05 May 2005
Posts: 350

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Which color LED is most brightness? Reply with quote

David L. Jones 寫道:

Quote:
Boki wrote:
Hi All,

Which color of LED is most brightness ?

In my test, red is brighter than blue.

Not if you are underwater :-

1 lumen is 1 lumen, regardless of the colour. It all depends on what
sensor you are using (human eye or a sensor), and what medium the light
pases through.

Dave Smile

Of course, my device works on normal condition - between your air and
my air ~
In fact, no datasheet, I not sure the LED / due color / tri-color ...
will get same lumen ?


Boki.
Back to top
Boki
electronics forum Guru


Joined: 05 May 2005
Posts: 350

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Which color LED is most brightness? Reply with quote

Joerg 寫道:

Quote:
Hello Boki,


Which color of LED is most brightness ?

In my test, red is brighter than blue.


How did you do that test?

Many people's eyes perceive "super red" as the most bright for a given
current. But that can be different, depending on your age (no, you don't
have to tell us...), degree of color blindness, contaminants such as
water vapor (fog) in the path and so on.


Um... in fact, test by ................. my eyes, not for verfication.

Many years ago( about 1996 ), I remember that a classmates told me that
blue LED was investaged by a Japanese, is that true ?

Boki.
Back to top
Joerg
electronics forum Guru


Joined: 05 May 2005
Posts: 3533

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Which color LED is most brightness? Reply with quote

Hello Boki,

Quote:

Which color of LED is most brightness ?

In my test, red is brighter than blue.


How did you do that test?

Many people's eyes perceive "super red" as the most bright for a given
current. But that can be different, depending on your age (no, you don't
have to tell us...), degree of color blindness, contaminants such as
water vapor (fog) in the path and so on.


Um... in fact, test by ................. my eyes, not for verfication.


Hah! That ain't going to work...


Quote:
Many years ago( about 1996 ), I remember that a classmates told me that
blue LED was investaged by a Japanese, is that true ?


IIRC it was Shuji Nakamara at Nichia Chemical.

I almost got fooled into believing it had been invented much earlier. A
friend asked me to drive his car (VW Golf?) back to his house since I
was living just across the street. This car had LED indicators for
everything. It was late and a dark road so when I switched on high
beams, surprise, a blue one came on. Later I was told that this "LED"
was actually a light bulb that was made to look like a LED.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Back to top
R.Lewis
electronics forum addict


Joined: 03 May 2005
Posts: 96

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Which color LED is most brightness? Reply with quote

Joerg wrote:
Quote:
Hello Rich,


Which color of LED is most brightness ?

In my test, red is brighter than blue.

How did you do that test?

Many people's eyes perceive "super red" as the most bright for a given
current. But that can be different, depending on your age (no, you don't
have to tell us...), degree of color blindness, contaminants such as
water vapor (fog) in the path and so on.

Well, how bright is bright? It might be interesting to set up a little
jig, with a red and a green (and maybe others) LED, where each one has
a pot, with a knob. You tell your victims^H^H^H^H^H^H^Htest subjects to
adjust them until they're "equally bright", then take a photometer of
some kind, and your trusty DVM, and log what the currents and PHM
readings are.


Supposedly that is the method used in Germany to set the chroma balance
when they introduced color TV. At first a dozen candidates or so and
when they found that the spread was rather huge they upped that number
big time IIRC.


Write that up properly, and you could probably get federal funding. ;-)


Nah, you'd have to be well connected or know people who are and
preferably be in the agriculture business.


Also, since this work was successfully undertaken some 80 years ago -
the results of which have been subsequently indirectly verified by many
of thousands of researchers and has had universal worldwide acceptance
as 'the CIE colour matching chart' for over 70 years - obtaining
federal funding will be certain.
Back to top
Jeff L
electronics forum beginner


Joined: 04 Sep 2005
Posts: 47

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Which color LED is most brightness? Reply with quote

"Joerg" <notthisjoergsch@removethispacbell.net> wrote in message
news:wtPvg.128024$H71.10579@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
Quote:
Hello Boki,


Which color of LED is most brightness ?

In my test, red is brighter than blue.


How did you do that test?

Many people's eyes perceive "super red" as the most bright for a given
current. But that can be different, depending on your age (no, you don't
have to tell us...), degree of color blindness, contaminants such as
water vapor (fog) in the path and so on.


Um... in fact, test by ................. my eyes, not for verfication.


Hah! That ain't going to work...


Many years ago( about 1996 ), I remember that a classmates told me that
blue LED was investaged by a Japanese, is that true ?


IIRC it was Shuji Nakamara at Nichia Chemical.

I almost got fooled into believing it had been invented much earlier. A
friend asked me to drive his car (VW Golf?) back to his house since I
was living just across the street. This car had LED indicators for
everything. It was late and a dark road so when I switched on high
beams, surprise, a blue one came on. Later I was told that this "LED"
was actually a light bulb that was made to look like a LED.

Yes I remember those back in the 80's style VW's


Quote:

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Back to top
lopez
electronics forum beginner


Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Which color of LED is most brightness ?

In my test, red is brighter than blue.

A first substrate is used to form red and green LED elements which are then covered by a first passivation layer.A blue LED element is fabricated on the thin substrate layer.The three LED elements are construct a full-color LED device.
Back to top
Google

Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
The time now is Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:49 am | All times are GMT
Forum index » Electronix » design
Jump to:  

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts FA: Sony PVM-1220 Pro Video Color Monitor $1 tw@emailaccount.com Equipment 1 Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:03 pm
No new posts FA: Sony PVM-1220 Pro Video Color Monitor $1 tw@emailaccount.com Basics 1 Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:02 pm
No new posts Reduce color saturation TSM Repair 4 Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:03 pm
No new posts Reduce color saturation TSM Misc 7 Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:03 pm
No new posts Reduce color saturation TSM design 30 Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:01 pm

Copyright © 2004-2005 DeniX Solutions SRL
Other DeniX Solutions sites: Unix/Linux blog |  Unix/Linux documentation |  Unix/Linux forums |  Medicine forum |  Science forum  |  Send and track newsletters


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group